2. The Information LegalSherpa Collects:
(a) Information Provided Automatically - LegalSherpa, like many other sites, collects basic information regarding your visit to our site. For example, your IP address and time of visit to www.mylegalsherpa.com.
(b) Information that You Provide Us - LegalSherpa collects any information that you provide to us through our site or by way of other communication. For example, to order our services you must provide your billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number. The information that you provide to us is necessary to process your order and is occasionally used to notify you about new services and special offers. Furthermore, LegalSherpa submits the necessary information that you provide to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or U.S. Copyright Office as part of your trademark or copyright application. Some of the information provided to the government agencies may become public and LegalSherpa is not responsible for any actions resulting from the release of this information to the public.
3. How LegalSherpa Uses Your Information: Information collected by LegalSherpa is used only for processing your orders and conveying information to you about user accounts and upcoming features and benefits of LegalSherpa.
4. How We Protect Your Information: LegalSherpa DOES NOT share, sell, rent or trade Web site usage information about users with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure. Furthermore, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site. We also post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. However, we do obtain the customer’s consent, prior to posting the testimonial, to post their name along with the testimonial.
5. Our Security: LegalSherpa takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just surfing.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All customer data is protected against unauthorized access.
6. Use by Children - LegalSherpa does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
10. Opt-Out – You may opt-out of the use of our website, including but not limited to subscriptions to any of our publications at any time. Please contact use at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out at any time.